Purpose: To gauge the participant’s basic knowledge and understanding of Class A drugs as well as the alternative and less destructive lifestyle
- Firstly can you name any Class A drugs and secondly if A’s are the highest and C’s are the lowest why are these drugs in the A category (refer to drugs chart: to be googled)
- If they cause harm and are dangerous why do people deal/sell them
- What message is the first poster (Class A’s) trying to convey?
- What are the risks of dealing/shooting?
- Obtaining good grades can help the person get a well paid job and then the other things required/desired in life but with less risk. Discuss the benefits of a life like this. Referring to the poster
- What are the effects on communities and society? Negative and positive role models. Examples “A drug dealer with a nice car” or “A student who has good grades and has gone on to get a good job or set up their own business”
- It has been widely reported for a number of years now that the grades of girls has risen and the grades of boys has fallen, Why is this? Is it what’s being taught or how it’s taught, or something else?
“What really get’s up your nose”
If a stranger came up to you with an unmarked bag with an unknown substance and told you to snort it, would you? Would you then hand over money for this? Cocaine seized in Gloucestershire has been reported to have contained less than 10% cocaine, what’s the other 90%?